Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

I started the cooking with pumpkin pie

yum, yum, yum

my brother, Trevon, was always the champion pumpkin pie
baker growing up

But this pie would have given his a run for the best :)  I even
made mine from a fresh pumpkin, not a can :)

Georgia cutting the Thanksgiving "turkey"
(which was really 3 chickens)

Emily putting her cherry pie into the oven

Delicious!!!!

The food is ready!

Menu; Roasted chicken, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn casserole,
Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce,
gravy and of course rice.  For desert; Pumpkin pie, cherry pie and apple pie

Me stuffing the "turkey"

Emily stuffing the "Turkey"

Emily and I made the stuffing, which turned out amazing!  We dried the bread
in the oven, cooked the giblets, added spices, dried apples and cranberries my
mom had sent me and even had celery!  It turned out perfect :)

Pie crust in the making

Emily's cherry pie was amazing!

Fresh out of the oven and ready to cut and eat

Georgia with her mother in-law
We celebrated American Thanksgiving on Saturday November 26th.  There was only 4 Americans present, but we enjoyed sharing our day of thankfulness along side one Canadian and many Filipinos.  Praise God for wonderful food and many blessings!  To add to the blessing of the day we had a patient who safely delivered a breech baby that same day.
I wish we had gotten a group picture of all who enjoyed the meal, but no one thought of that at the time.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tianne hope you got my email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tianne something came up that you posted saying that you didn't get my last email that you posted on the first but I emailed you on the 7th and you'll probably get this after the 11th.I also sent you a letter and Christmas card recently.I sent you an email too today<3 and miss you Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Thnksgiving feast and to be able to give thanks for a safe breech delivery too :) Praise God!

    ReplyDelete