Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Last night as I was trying to sleep, I started thinking about my very first plane trip. I was 16yrs old and extremely excited! We had driven for a short term mission trip to Baja Mexico and were flying back. I don't remember much about my first time on a plane, but I do remember the excitement, my wide eyes and fascination. Many years later with many hours in flight, I can't say air travel holds the same fascination. In fact if I could skip these long flights, I sure would. Yet, I am extremely thankful for the ability to go halfway around the world in such a short time. Not so long ago it would have taken an entire month just to get to America!



Round trip I will be flying 15,722 miles, this is excluding any road travel 


I wonder what kind of food Air China offers? Or even more important, how comfortable will their seats be?

I'll spend a grand total of 35 & 1/2 hrs in the air
And
I am not sure how much time in the airports
 This will be me snoozing away between
my flights.. well not quite, I'll have
that blanket over my head :)
This is me on the plane... I just wonder with all that sleeping why I feel So tried once I arrive at my destination?
Beauty, quietness, yummy food, flowers & much more await me

More importantly, fun times spent with my dear friend awaits me!!!
I can't WAIT!!!!!
One week from today, I should be there - YAY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment