Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for a wonderful nights sleep that was followed by a fun filled day in the "big" town a 1 1/2hr van drive away.  Tuguegarao City isn't what you would call a beautiful place. It is normally very hot, congested and full of exhaust fumes. Yet, for us it means McDonald's - who doesn't love their fries? Yummy smoothies, Duncan donuts, large supper markets with things like American cheddar cheese! a lovely book store, along with a few other odds and ends. It really was a lovely day for my two fellow students and I and I am thankful for it!

One of my new year goals is to really learn how to be thankful. I feel that I often have a sense of thankfulness, but not a true spirit of thankfulness. As part of this goal I am reading the book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I just finished chapter two and so far I really like it. I have heard it has been life changing for some people. Anyone read it and have any thoughts about it?

"Thanksgiving -- giving thanks in everything -- prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ." - Ann Voskamp 

No comments:

Post a Comment