Saturday, April 20, 2013

You can't make new old friends

Jasmine and I have been friends since we were two years old. We were the sister to each other that we never had. We were as different as night and day. 



Jasmine liked to be girlie and I liked to be out getting dirty. But Jasmine would get dirty and I would get girlie and I believe we learned a thing or two from each other and our differences. I know that we are better women today because of the friendship we have shared.


We had our squabbles like any "sisters" would, but we always managed to make up and be best friends again. We shared our hearts and our dreams with each other. We had many adventures and special times together and then we grew up and moved away. 


It has been over ten years now since we lived just over the hill from each other. Our paths have certainly meandered in different directions. Jasmine moved to big cities and I moved to remote places.  



Through we don't talk as much or share as many adventures together these days. I could pick up the phone right now and no matter how much time has past we always start off right where we left off. 



I remember planning our wedding together as little girls.  I never would have dreamed that I wouldn't be able to come to her wedding back then and through I wasn't there in person, I was there in my heart. 

I am so happy that you found such a great guy to give your heart to. May God bless you my dear friend as you start out this new chapter in your life. May your life be richly blessed full of dreams come true and a baby or two or three or.... :)

Best of luck my dear friend and heres to many more years of friendship! 


"There is no friend like an old friend who has shared our morning days, no greeting like his welcome, no homage like his praise." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment