Sunday, September 25, 2011

Christmas is coming!

Here in the Philippines the Christmas celebration starts now.  I was in a store today and the music went from a Beatles song to one about snow and Christmas.  This wouldn't be entirely weird for me even in September except that I was wearing a tank-top and had beads of sweat gracing my forehead.  Let it snow, only in my dreams!  I am looking forward to learning how Christmas is celebrated here in the Philippines during the next few months.




 With thoughts of Christmas I am reminded that yet again I will be away from my family this year.  My mom loves Christmas and to this day she still wakes up early on Christmas morning.  Sometime after Thanksgiving and before Christmas day my mom brings out special decorations, old Christmas records, and we wad out to cut the perfect spruce tree.  After the hunt we bring it in and hang ornaments my parents made on their first Christmas together along with the various ones accumulated since that time.  The last step is hanging popcorn and cranberries that was strung the day before and a tiny bit of tinsel to give the tree an extra shine.  Yes, I will miss spending Christmas with my family!  

If you would like to make Christmas a little bit easier, please remember to send me a Christmas card.  I also enjoy packages and I promise if you indicate on the outside I will even wait until Christmas day to open them :)  So far it seems to take about a month for them to arrive and I shouldn't have to pay much more then a dollar to get it if anything.






My Christmas wish list;
*  I love chai teas, bengal spice, black peach tea... tea's that won't curdle if I add milk :) Some herbal tea's are nice too
* Cheese powder
* Parmesan cheese
* Candles
* St Ives face scrub
* Stickers
* Hair ties and clips
* Scarfs/bandanas
* Pictures of people, places and animals I love :)
* Lufa bath sponge 
* 2012 calendar
* Sharpie markers
* Nice black pens
* Christmas goodies
* And anything else that you think I might enjoy... girls are easy to please :) 


Also when I start catching babies, it is nice to give the new mom a onsie.  If you would like to add a few new or lightly used onsies that would be nice.  The babies here are about 5 1/2 to 7 lbs at birth



Tianne Cole c/o Abundant Grace of God Maternity  Appas Tabuk, Kalinga 3800 Philippines

1 comment:

  1. I am going to put a care package together. Have anything else on your wish list, since this was written months ago?

    ReplyDelete