Friday, October 7, 2011

A walk in the rice field


There is a place I like to go when I just need a moment to myself
I like to walk the skinny paths of the rice field behind the clinic
There is beauty to be seem in the freshness of being outside



I am reminded that I am not at home anymore by the sights that I see
Clover, is my only companion as I traverses the skinny path


"Blessed are all who take refuge in Him"
Psalm 2:12

She never disagrees with me, only makes me laugh at her silliness 

I am reminded of what an amazing God I serve by observing His creation 

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths"
Psalm 25:4

"The creatures of the field are Mine."
Psalm 50:11
The rice field is a quiet place, if I see someone they are caught up in their work
and don't pay any attention to me
Clover likes to lag behind and then race to catch up







There is beauty every where, it refreshes my soul
Clover also likes to help me take pictures by chewing on the camera strap
Or trying to climb on top of the camera
He leads beside quiet waters, He restores my soul
psalm 23:2-3
I feel a bit like a child again making new discoveries 




The field isn't very big, but its skinny paths wind back and forth
separating the different fields of rice









Clover, often slips down the bank and isn't quite big enough
 to climb up again by herself

This guy is not something I see on my walks at home...
I am wondering do you know what he is?
It was hard to get a picture of these guys, they would not hold still:)

I am not sure what this guy's name is but he looks like a flying
saucer lady bug to me
The sunsets early here  and I only have a short time to walk
between dark and the time it cools off in the evening.
It is now time to walk away from my quiet place and resume
my studies.  I am refreshed!

"You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
Psalm 16:11
















1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics. "flying saucer ladybug" is interesting

    ReplyDelete