Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pineapple cream of broccoli soup

I was already running a bit late on lunch, when I decided some of the chicken broth we had put in the freezer might add some extra yumminess.  I plopped it in and stirred as it quickly dissolved into the boiling soup.  A few scoops of milk powder, salt and pepper later, I decide a taste test was needed.  As the soup hit my tongue, it was sweet, yes, sweet.  Another test and still sweet!  What? cream of broccoli soup is not supposed to be sweet!  Suddenly I have a very slight memory that, Sara, had also frozen some pineapple juice in the same bags as the chicken broth.  Hoping I was wrong, but knowing I was not, I checked the freezer.  Sure enough there was a bright yellow bag of pineapple juice and hidden under it the darker chicken broth.  Shoot!

So what does one do when they are late with lunch and they goofed up?  First you must have a good laugh, then, deal with the problem.  In this case pour out the broth and add new.  It really was just a silly goof up, yet what about bigger goof ups, what should be done with those?  I have never heard of anyone who has yet to be successful with turning back time, so I think the same thing should be done have a good laugh (or a good cry), then simply deal with the problem and learn from the mistake.

I know in this life I will never be finished making mistakes, but Christ who has begun a good work in me will carry it on to completion until Christ comes back (Philippines 1:6). With each blunder and mistake, there is forgiveness and lessons to be learned, no matter how big or how small.





2 comments:

  1. That looks super yummy. But you have me wondering how it would have tasted with the pineapple juice. We put raisins in brocolli salad :) Veggies in jello for jello salad, and I mix apples and tuna and cherries, so you never know - It might have been good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tianne Congradulations on everything.I have't checked my email for awile becasuse my internet has been down and I'm busy with school and every thing else.miss you and glad to get your newsletter <3 Shanna

    ReplyDelete