Monday, February 20, 2012

It's 1am

I am currently visiting the main school of Newlife, in Davao City (Davao City Philippines for more information) for a month. Life here is much different. There are 20 students (I think) and the clinic has about 150 births per month (the clinic where I live has 20-25 births per month). A high volume of birth ='s shift work. I have not done shift work since 2008 when I worked as a CNA (certified nurses aid) at a local nursing home in my home town. At the nursing home I mainly worked the 3 to 11 shift, here we work all three shifts, but because of our school load only 3 shifts a week. This is why it is 1am and I am writing a blog :)
Here in Davao I am enjoying spending time with my classmates; We went to a movie, ate ice cream and laughed. Davao is a much larger city than where I live. You can call in McDonalds or pizza, there is many shopping malls, one of which feels like you have reentered America. The ocean is close by and I hope that I will at least be able to stick my toes in before I head back to Tabuk. However, most of my time here will be spent on shift, working on my assignments or in class.

Please continue to pray for me as I work hard at the tasks God has given me. Pray that God would give me the wisdom to learn how to be a good midwife, to retain the information I am studying, and to be able to do my assignments well & on time. Pray that I would be a blessing to my fellow students and the women I serve. Pray that I would make time to study the Word and that I will be filled up to over flowing with His love.

Also, please continue to keep Sudan in your prayers. The two countries are far from stable and many people, at this time most from the borders are deeply suffering.

Thank you for your faithful prayers and support! *Tianne*

No comments:

Post a Comment