Thursday, August 16, 2012

Catching Princess Dyana's first baby

I pray a lot about the labors I will get and God is so good about answering those prayers to meet my study/sleep needs. I knew a couple of things about my next labor; It would be at night and it would be a first time mom. How did I know this, because I have not labored with a first time mom in a long while and God had given me plenty of time to finish my assignment (even through I still had a little bit left, that was totally my fault). So at 9:30pm when I got the text, I was not at all surprised.

Princess Dyana or Dyan for short came marching through the door and toward the prenatal room. "Where is she going" I giggled and redirected her to the birth room. She was all smiles and I really thought I would be sending her home. To my surprise she was 5cm. Dyan was so cute as she danced around the room and walked about. She was happily on a mission to meet her baby and did everything with as much joy as she could muster. During transition Dyan got a bit more uncomfortable, but with a little direction she started to calm down and focus on the task at hand. Soon she was uncontrollably bearing down. Checking to make sure she was fully dilated, I found the cervix at 10cm. Dyan pushed with her body, maybe with a little bit to much gusto and after only 13 minutes of pushing, a smile from out of this world on her face, she pushed her baby girl into the world and into my hands. It was beautiful! She did a fabulous job and with tears of joy in her eyes she greeted her precious baby. With tears in my eyes I witnessed a young woman become a mother and a young man become a father for the very first time. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment