Saturday, August 4, 2012

Northern Adventure part 2

My time visiting my cousin in the Yukon was just about perfect. We went on many little adventures, had a near death experience (at least that is how my story goes), we drank tea & chatted in the mornings . I got to share a special time with Candace and her husband :) We played many games of Settlers of Catan and just enjoyed each others compony. It was so wonderful and I think God for blessing me with the special month of friendship and fun! I hope you enjoy the pictures and captions below :)

Enter Yukon Canada  
Carcross desert, the northern most desert

Beautiful sand between my toes

Yukon, larger than life - even the cinnamon rolls :) 
Wild strawberries, the most I have ever seen or picked in my life

Homegrown lettuce, wild strawberries, fireweed flowers and homemade lemon poppy seed dressing
Amazing!

Sometime wonderful in the making...

I had dreamed about this pie for a long time

Now it is in my hands, fresh & hot
Strawberry rhubarb pie!

Candace's fireweed garden

I love sweet wonderful flowers
The lily pad lake at Candace & Riley's cabin 

Enter the local dump

Which just happens to be a great wild life viewing area

The bears like it there

Along with bald eagles 

The young eagle lives at the dump too, along with the gulls & ravens
Signpost, Keno. 

Hee hee:)


Fresh snow in July, I loved it. Candace wanted to cry

Admiring the Lord's handy work

We spent a day floating the Mayo river, in dry suits

Half way through the sun came out and we even got a little sun kissed. It was a beautiful day!
Tombstone
A very lovely place (but it does get a lot of rain)!


I attempted to pan for gold, but alas I didn't find a thing and my fingers started to freeze

Allie & I... we decided to climb a mountain with loose rocks near the top. As Candace and I are trying to decide if we should attempt to keep going as we got closer to the top, all of a sudden the earth between my feet moves. I was scared!   Knees shaking Alli (who was above me) and I move quickly to a sturdy looking rock as the ground slides under us.
Needless to say we turned around. 

It was an amazing view despite the rain

Mrs. Moose

A lovely place to camp by the river!
Amazingly beautiful!


On our last hike we made up a story about the little people who lived in these stump houses :)

Hi baby

I had a very wonderful time spending a month with Candace!!!
All good things must end
However, other good things were just around the bend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment