Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My first repeat patients!

I am very excited to announce that two of my previous patients are expecting again (not sure what this says about my ability to teach family planning) and both should deliver before I return to America. I find it ironic that both of these babies happen to have Jane in their name. 

Eliza Jane was only my third catch as a midwife. It was her mom Rhea's first baby and at just 17 years old she did a great job! Eliza's daddy first wanted to call her Bikini - I suggested if he really wanted to he could nickname her that :) Rhea is now due sometime in July (she is having an ultrasound to determine the due date). I really enjoyed this young couple and am really looking forward to being her midwife again and this time also doing her prenatal care. 










Christine Jane was my sixth catch and was lucky enough to be born on New Years day. This baby will be Rose's third baby (she is going to have her hands full!) and is due the end of March. Christine Jane's birth was a bit rough and I am praying her mom has a easier time for baby #3 and praying that she has a baby boy this time :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment