Sunday, August 25, 2013

Saying goodbye

After two years of living at Abundant Grace of God, my time has come to an end. I was blessed by all the people who passed through my life while I lived and served there. New friends were made and new lessons learned. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who made my training in the Philippines possible - the people who prayed, gave and taught me! Thank you for being God's hands and feet in my life and thank you for believing in me!

Only God knows what all the future will hold for me. But I do know that wherever I go and whatever life throws my way, I will strive to live Christ to those around me. I am so grateful for my skills as a midwife and I look forward to using them to serve women both here at home and in Africa.

Enjoy a few pictures of my last few special days in the Philippines.
With a group of women and babies that I helped give care for/deliver at a party I held for them right before I left - it was such a blessing to be able to see so many!  
One of my last continuity patients - she ended up delivering in the hospital.  
I will miss watching "my" babies grow up!
The first baby Tianne in the Philippines - she was not to sure about her name sake :)  
Aaron and his pretty mama
Happy boy Christian  
They were not able to make the party, so some stopped by the clinic to say goodbye - so sweet! 
Alice and her new baby, Chloe Grace, who she asked me and Aisling to name. 
A sweet gift from a patient
The day after my party I was honored by a small graduation ceremony. We have a lovely dinner and then Georgia presenting me with a neckless with original Kalinga beads on it and my certificate of diploma from New Life School of Midwifery. Two years of accomplishment - finished! The Filipino staff sang me a farewell song - so sweet!  

Georgia and I
The Filipino girls singing - love you girls! 
Spending time together.
Myself with Hazel and baby Cayleen - my very first catch! 
“Good bye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be.” ― Walt Disney Company

No comments:

Post a Comment