Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Standing on the promises of God

I won't lie, school is hard for me.  All to often I take me eyes off God and try to find my own path.  This leads me into worrying, fretting, and anxiety.  But today is a new day.  And today I choose to trust the Lord and stand on His Promises.  


" You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.(When I am struggling it is God, who keeps me going.  It is Him, not my circumstances that give me joy)   


With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. (With God I can push forward in my studies.  Not only that I can do them and succeed!)   


 As for God, his ways are perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.His a shield for all who take refuge in him.(He is perfect, He does not make mistakes, I am here because He leas me here.  I can trust in Him and His word!  He is my protection and shelter from all danger and trouble.  Why should I fear?) 


 For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? (He is GOD, and my Rock.  I have a firm foundation!)


It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. (It is God, not me who gives me strength, so I shouldn't try get through these two years in my own power.  He is taking care of me and He has given me a path that is as good as it gets!)


 He makes my feet like the feet of the deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. (He has given me the strength to run this race and has given me the ability to do it, why should I worry?


  He trains my hands for battle; my arm can bend a bow of bronze. (He is teaching me how to do my assignments and I can conquer these assignments!)  


You give me a shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. (WOW! You have given me victory,You will get me through and through you I am great :) 


  You broaden the path beneath me, so my ankles do not twist." ~ Psalm 18: 30-36  (You have given me what I need so I will not fail, I can trust in you LORD!)

1 comment: