Friday, August 19, 2011

Take a peek at my new home


"Yesterday I got to see a birth!  It is so amazing to get to watch new life enter the world.  It reminded me of why I am doing this - Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Friday August 12th's journal entry 

"Last night I watched birth #2... it is so amazing to see birth!  What a hard job women have... A woman giving birth posses a certain kind of beauty... I tear up every time.  I can't believe that God has called me to do this.  Sometimes I don't think that I'll be able to - yet I know God does not call me to fail." Tuesday August 16th's journal entry

The road view of the clinic

Pretty tropical flower, a reminder to stop and smell the flowers :)

Used Monday-Thursday, my day is Wednesday and at the moment I am just shadowing 

A new mom is required to stay at least 6hrs after delivery
There is a delivery room too, but it was being used when I was taking pictures

The lobby/reception 

 flip flops are the footwear of choice and you should have a pair for inside and a pair for outside 

The balcony/cloths drier 

View from the balcony

My humble abode that I share with two other girls

My little bit of space... tidy? nope not me?  Note my giant stack of textbooks

The view from my room, pretty indeed!

The shower and CR (comfort room aka toilet)

Back view

The kitchen 

Rice, everyday, three times a day!

Fish at least a few times a week, along with chicken, pork, clams, snails, and veggies
(I plan to do a blog about food in the Philippines)

The pretty little spot I normally do my morning devotions 

Hairy :)

The neighbors pigs, I find there are plenty of animals around, which makes me happy

Alice, our wonderful cook and Ba-Lyn, who helps at Georgia's
(more about who I live and work with on a later blog)


10 facts on Midwifery by WHO :


1# Competent midwives decrease the risk of dying during childbirth.

About 1000 women and almost 10 000 newborns die every day due to largely preventable complications during pregnancy, childbirth and the immediate postnatal period. In addition, every year, nearly 3 million babies are stillborn. Many of these lives could be saved if every birth were attended by a midwife.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - "The comfort room" how fitting :) I deleted the prior comment because some how it had the sentence twice. I guess I should have just left it alone since it left the note above. Didn't know it would do that :)

    ReplyDelete