Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

About two weeks ago I started the dreaded Algebra class. I have been dreading this class since I knew I would have to take it. I even tried to find a college level class I could take that did not involve Algebra, to no avail. Defeated I prepared myself to take it, by trying to think about it as little as possible.

I struggled with math growing up (just ask my mom). I gained a little confidence when I got a 4.0 in a pre-algebra class in college, but that was 10 years ago... With dread I started Algebra and it proved to be dreadful and I felt myself sinking and sinking into the pits of Algebra fear with every attempt to master each problem.

The thing is I MUST pass this class. It is not an option. Until tonight I was starting to wonder if my brain was going to fail me or not. I prayed, I asked for help and then I opened up the Algebra Survival guide by mother sent with me (why I didn't open it sooner, I'll never know). After two hours with my nose in this book, I think there is hope, hope that yes, I can pass this class and for that I am THANKFUL!

 p.s. Dare I mention that it proved to be a teeny tiny bit fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment